We have decided to write a series of articles on something very important to us – our high quality, carefully selected nutrient dense ingredients. We thought we would start with Chia Seeds.
Why, you may ask, do all our products contain Chia seeds? What’s so special about them?
Well, it’s because they provide so much goodness: a range of amino acids; essential fatty acids; minerals, nutrients, and to top it off, they are higher in protein than soy and are completely non-allergic and natural!
These are some of the great benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Reduce signs of aging
- Contribute to healthy skin
- Help with weight loss & weight maintenance due to soluble and insoluble fibre
- Linked to help reverse diabetes
- Build strong bones and muscles
- Comparatively high in protein
- Rich in fibre – which makes you feel full for longer (25g of chia seeds contains about 9g of fibre)
- Contain essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid; mucin; strontium’ vitamins A, B, E and D; and minerals, including sulphur, iron, iodine, magnesium, manganese, niacin and thiamine
- Contain Omega-3 in the plant form – Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA)
- Release energy slowly – which helps keep blood-sugar levels stable
- Rich supply of antioxidants